Baby Registry Blues
I’ve got the baby registry blues…waaaaahhhhhhhh!
Putting it together is harder than I thought it would be.
Let me provide some perspective on this – my husband refers to me as a hippy. What he means to say is that I’m more on the natural end of the spectrum when it comes to pregnancy, childbirth, and child-rearing. Often this means that my point-of-view is usually labelled as “alternative” or maybe even “crunchy.” In addition, I am prone to choosing practicality over style. What this means is that I decided to be as simple as possible when it came to accumulating baby gear. I can justify this by saying I want to raise a green baby (I do!) but mostly it’s because we live in a small space and cannot utter the words “I’m rich, biatch!” with any sincerity.
So what’s so hard about making a baby registry:
– Balancing my minimalist ways with everyone’s urge to buy things
– Deciding what is absolutely essential for a baby to have
– Balancing my “hippy” baby ideas with everyone else’s mainstream ideas
– Figuring out this car seat business
– Figuring out what the heck a receiving blanket is…really
– Realizing that I really won’t know what I really need until the baby makes his/her grand entrance
The result is that I now have about ten items on the list that I think I can live with. If you know me and the hubby in real life and want to spend some dough, look us up on Amazon.com.