Dear Toddler: I forgive you
I forgive you for:
- Pulling a box of freshly delivered pizza to the floor before anyone could get a slice
- Peeing on the carpet and then laughing about it
- Pooping on the bed
- Biting my nipple
- Pulling my hair
- Laughing when I shriek “Ouch!”
- Practicing your ability to echo your voice at 2 AM
- Headbutting me in the mouth
- Throwing my jewelry down the stairs
- Writing on the wall
- Sneezing on my face
- Unplugging the cable box in the middle of a good show
- Taking an anti-nap stance
I forgive you because I love you.
I forgive you because you’re only 17 and half months old and you act like it.
I forgive you because I’m not perfect and I probably need to be forgiven for a few things (needs a whole other post).
I forgive you because we’re in a symbiotic relationship.
I forgive you.